Daily hair loss is a normal event that is compensated by the growth of new hair. It mostly concerns men, but it also affects many women. Hair loss can have great emotional impacts in people who have it; luckily, platelet-rich plasma micro-injection treatment is a simple and safe alternative to treat not only alopecia, but also women who want healthier and more abundant hair.
What are the causes of alopecia?
- Aging causes a decrease in the production of hormones including estrogen, which is related to the health of the hair.
- Stress, as well as fatigue, overwork and emotional shock, is another cause of alopecia.
- A side effect following medical treatments, such as chemotherapy or taking certain medications.
- Dandruff can smother the hair follicle by accumulating on the scalp and contribute to hair loss.
- Dietary deficiencies and the lack of nutrients necessary for the good health of the hair.
- Some skin diseases such as psoriasis, lesions or scars can also cause hair loss or lack of regrowth.
How can alopecia be prevented?
- Avoid washing your hair with very hot water, wearing caps too often or wearing hair elastics that are too tight.
- Moderate the use of heated iron, dye and dryer for the hair.
How does the platelet-rich plasma treatment for alopecia work?
Who are the candidates for this platelet-rich plasma treatment?
-Women desiring more abundant and healthier hair.
What happens during the platelet-rich plasma treatment for alopecia?
The first step of the treatment consists of all in taking venous blood (10 ml) and then centrifuging the contents. The platelet-enriched plasma is then injected by a very precise pneumatic micro-injector using a thin needle.
Each treatment lasts about 45 minutes to 60 minutes.
In general, 4 sessions at intervals of 2 to 4 weeks. Maintenance treatment is required for 4 to 5 months.