Convalescence is usually fast :
- Pain at the incision site is usually moderate and temporary.
- Take extra strong Tylenol every four hours, for the first 48 hours. A pain reliever based on morphine may also be prescribed.
- No shower before 24 hours and no bath before seven days.
- Put ice on the scrotum, in a wet towel, 10 minutes every 2-3 hours, for the first 48 hours.
- Avoid physical exertion (lifting loads of more than 20 lbs) for one month.
- Abstain from sex for a week.
- Wear scrotal support for at least two weeks after surgery.
- Convalescence and leave of absence will be adapted to the job.
- A follow-up of control is planned two months after the intervention.